Wednesday 13 May 2015

Me Made May–The first half


Here are some of the items of Me-Made clothing that I have been wearing this month. It’s a great project for me, as it has made me think about how to wear my Me-Made items, and what other items in my wardrobe will go with them.

First up are my Style Arc Barb trousers.  I made these from stretch cotton bought from Fabricland.  I must admit to not wearing them much until now, but I found them so comfortable the day I wore them!  I increased the 'rise' so they really do sit on my waist and there's no 'muffin-top' on show!  I have some black ballet pumps on in this pic which I thought looked quite good, but they are a bit small and very uncomfortable.  Perhaps I will get some more in a bigger size.

Second is the Tova top from Wiksten.  This is made with really cheap polycotton from the market!  But it is quite thin and has a nice drape for this top.  It's a good top for this time of year.  I quite like it with brown leggings and boots.

Third photo is my brown jacket made from Butterick 5623
I love this jacket!  It’s just right for this time of year when a coat is too much.   I’ve worn this a lot just recently.  Here it is worn with grey jeans and red suede ankle boots

Fourth photo – a skirt made from a pattern in the second Great British Sewing Bee book.  I recently had to re-do this as I had sewn the zip in the wrong side!  The fabric is quilting cotton I bought at a quilt show!  It’s got a nice weight to show off the box pleats.   I really like how this looks with the brown jumper (from Next) and brown boots.  The yellow necklace was made by my friend Burnice. I don’t usually wear skirts, but I did find this very comfortable, and can see this skirt being worn a lot.



Fifth photo – Sewaholic Renfrew made with off white knit fabric that came in a big bag of scraps!  I love this pattern, it fits well, and is dead easy to make, although the neck is a bit wobbly where I stretched the binding.  It’s just about wearable!  Think I could do with a bit more practise.  Worn with the grey jeans again.

Sixth photo – Black Deer and Doe plantain top.  I took this in a little bit at the sides, but I think I might shape it a bit more after looking at the photos!  It’s a bit warm for this time of year unless we have a cooler day as it is made from Ponte, which is very warm.

I'm hoping that the weather will continue to warm up in the second half of the month so that I can wear some of the summer stuff I have made.
20150501_105039





20150505_091137
DSC_6862
DSC_6865

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found MMMay a useful challenge! LOVE your Tova top in particular xx

    ReplyDelete